The Martinist Order O∴V∴C∴
What the O:.V:.C:. is and is not:
The O∴V∴C∴ is:·
* A Mystical Order.·
* A society of people in search of esoteric illumination.·
* A philosophical, meditational, and initiatory society.·
* A symbolic structure and path toward Gnosis.
The O∴V∴C∴ is not:·
* A general “friendly society”. You may certainly find very good friends in the Order – but that is not its central purpose.·
* A charitable organization.·
* A debate club.·
* A way to “get ahead in society”.
* A monastic order.
The Leadership of the O:.V:.C:.
The Martinist Order O∴V∴C∴ is led by a Council, at present consisting of:·
* The Grand Master: Sâr Ambrosius de la Croix.·
* The Grand Consiliarius: Brother C∴O∴W∴W∴ .·
* The Grand Archivist: Brother M∴J∴B∴ .
A few more “questions and answers”
Is Martinism a religion unto itself?
No. It is a mystical and initiatory system for realizing the One Mystery that lies behind many religions.·
Is Martinism a form of Freemasonry?
No, but its founders were Freemasons, and it fits together nicely with Masonic thought.·
Why is the content of the Martinist degrees secret?
Because their teachings need to be imparted in a certain order, without quick “jumps” back and forth. One stone has to be laid at a time for a path to be built.·
Does one have to be a Christian to join the O∴V∴C∴?
No. We use a symbolic language veiled in Judeo-Christian imagery, but the teachings themselves are not bound to a specific religion. We do, however, demand a belief in a Supreme Being on the part of prospective candidates.·
Does the O∴V∴C∴ allow both men and women as members?
Yes, of course.
What initiatory lineages does the O∴V∴C∴ possess and carry?
The Order is led by a Martinist Free Initiator who holds genuine and traditional Martinist lineages from Papus and Chaboseau as well as from Russia and the Ukraine.
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.